Lupin: Strong Buy
Lupin Limited is an innovation led transnational pharmaceutical company producing a wide range of quality, affordable generic and branded formulations and APIs for the developed and developing markets of the world. Lupin was formed with the amalgamation of Lupin laboratories with Lupin Chemicals. Its activities include pharmaceuticals, bulk drugs and formulations, fermentation, bio-technology, natural products and agro chemicals.
- On 5-july, Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc, has received final approval for its Pregabalin Capsules, 25 mg, 50 mg, 75 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg, 225 mg and 300 mg from the United States Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) to market a generic version of C.P, Pharmaceuticals C.V., LYRICA (Pregabalin) capsules. LYRICA Capsules had annual U.S sales of approximately USD 1.8 billion for the twelve months ending March 2012.
- On 3-July, Lupin pharmaceuticals, has received approval for its Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets, 0.18 mg/0.025 mg 0.215 mg/0.025 mg and 0.25 mg/0.025 mg from the United States Food and Drugs Administration (FDA). Lupin’s Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets are the AB rated generic equivalent of Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo tablets. Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets are indicated for the prevention of pregnancy in women who elect to use oral contraceptive as a method of contraception.
Valuation & conclusion: Lupin is looking to repeat its Japanese business model of expansion through acquisitions in markets like Latin America, Europe and Canada as it looks to strengthen overseas business by FY 13. The company is planning to launch many products like Tricor, Yasmin, Cymbalta, Asacol Seasonale, Solodyn, Ambien CR, Yaz, Cipro OS etc. in the next few quarters. At current market price the stock is trading at 17.4 P/E multiple of its financial year 2014 estimated earnings. Investors are recommended to buy the stock with a short term to long term investment horizon
Click here to read the full report
The Author can be contacted at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyze the data. The recommendations are his/her personal views. He/she shall not accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above content.
Sources have been mentioned at relevant places in the article. In spite of this, the author does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
The author may or may not hold positions in the stock.
- Lupin: 4QFY13 performance above estimates
- Lupin: Buy on declines
- Lupin: Mylan launches generic Antara; Target price revised
- Lupin Q3FY13: Sales were above estimates
- Lupin Q2FY13: Revenues up 36% y-o-y, maintain buy
- Macroeconomic indicators & Stock markets
- Midcap/Smallcap Indices - Time to catch up and stop under performing?
- MF Scheme Analysis: Franklin India Bluechip Fund (G)
- Note on RBI's Monetary Policy Announcement for 2013-14
- South Indian Bank Q3FY13: Results in line with expectations, retain accumulate More
Also On Valuenotes.Com
Invest early in your career
Know your PAN card better
BHEL Q4FY13: Reported PAT ahead of provisional numbers
Dish TV Q4FY13: Performance below expectation, well placed to capitalize on digitization
Dow Theory: A tool for technical analysts
Equity markets witnessed a choppy session of trade